Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The one Person from whom I learnt the most

   Lessons My Mom Taught Me
Mother of Pearls of Wisdom: Things My Mother Taught Me 

                   Anyone who knows my mom knows she's one of the most generous people in the world. She's always happy to lend a hand or help someone out if she can. It's from her that I've learned to be (or tried to be) a giving person. 
·         Throughout my life, my mom has always shown me how to embrace the present moment. She never seems to dwell on the past or stress overly about the future. She is one of the few people I know who really knows how to live in the now. 
·         Between dealing with me, my sister, my brother and my dad, my mom has developed an amazing ability to be patient. This is something I truly admire since I'm not the most patient person in the world. I hope someday I can be as patient as my mom is. 
·         My mom has always been open-minded and willing to embrace whatever I happen to be into at the moment, which is a very inspiring quality! 
·         Through ups and downs, good and bad, my mom has always remained supportive of her loved ones. I'm sure at times it was hard to be supportive of my choices, but she has always been my #1 encourager. 
·         Honestly, my mom is the most positive person I know. I strive to be positive, but she is positive. No matter what the situation is, she always looks for the good in it and, more often than not, helps me see the good too. 
·         My mom really takes interest in others' lives. Whether it's her best friend or the woman ringing up her groceries at the store, my mom is deeply interested in the lives of others. This is something I really admire and need to explore more in my own life. 
·         My mom knows when to let things go and she recognizes when something I've said or done really isn't about her, but instead is about something going on with me. Not taking things personally is one of the best ways to live a happy life. 
·         As I said in point #1, my mom is extremely generous. She's always willing to help out her friends in times of need. Even though she doesn't always get the same thing in return, she's always willing to give and give and give.  
·         My mom usually has a very calm demeanor and, when presented with a situation that could result in panic, she takes a step back and reminds everyone to calm down. 
·         In general, moms are good at notice the little things. They notice when something isn't quite right and they strive to make it better. Or, they pick up on something small but wonderful and make note of it. My mom's great at paying attention and noticing life's details. 
·         My mom has always been supportive of my personal development and she's always encouraged me to think about who I am and who I want to be in the future. She's inspired me to work on becoming the best me I can possibly be. 
·         One of the greatest things about my mom is her persistence. If she wants to get something done, she will find a way -- no matter what. As she always says, "Where there's a will, there's a way." I wouldn't believe this if I hadn't seen it come to life in her so many times. 
·         My mom knows what she believes in and she stays true to those beliefs. It's important to recognize what's important to you and what matters most to you, and my mom has manage to do that -- and to stay loyal to those things that matter most. 
·         Staying true to herself is another one of my mom's great qualities. She knows who she is and she is herself in any situation. It's not easy to be consistent in this way, but my mom is always who she wants to be, no matter what. 
·         Much like me, my mom is no wallflower. If she has an option about something, she'll tell you about it. I love her ability to say what's on her mind and I find it inspiring to watch her speak up for what she believes in. 
·         She taught me how to Protect our loved ones. 
·         Surround yourself with what you love. Like so many people, my mom has made the choice to surround herself with people and things that she loves. As I've gotten older, I've realized just how important it is to make the things around you the things you love most. 
·         Practice kindness daily. My mom is, by far, one of the kindest people I know. She's one of those people who does all of the little things to make others' days better, and for that I really admire her. I must remind myself daily to be kind and I hope someday I can be just like my mom. 
·         Life is full of changes and unexpected circumstances, but my mom is one of the best adapters. When faced with change, she does what she can to make the most of it. As someone who doesn't love change, I find this quality immensely important. 
·         Accept what you cannot change. One of the reasons I think my mom is so great at adapting to change is because she recognizes when she cannot change a situation and she accepts that. As I said before, she will do her best to get what she wants, but she also knows how to accept what is. 
·         Donate time and money to others. Because of my mom, I'm inspired constantly to donate and give to others. I know that without her influence I wouldn't be donating clothes every season. She has inspired me and I am grateful for that. 
·         Give energy to get energy. "Energetic" and "full of life" are two things I would definitely use to describe my mom. She is always full of energy and, for that reason, she gets a lot of energy coming back at her. I've noticed when I give out energy, I always get it back (just like my mom!). 
·         Help others help themselves. While, of course, my mom is a huge fan of helping others, she's also really great at helping them help themselves. She's taught me and my sister how to do things so we could do them for ourselves. As great as it is to help, it's even great to help others help themselves. 
·         Be a good listener. My mom is an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G listener  and I think it's such a wonderful quality to have. It can be really hard to listen to people sometimes, but my mom has turned listening into an art. (So much so that even random strangers will confess their life stories to her!)
·         Share your experiences. I think part of the reason my mom is such a great listener is because she's also a great talker. She's open to sharing her experiences with others, which is great. So many people (myself included) hold back so much, and it's wonderful to see people like my mom sharing themselves with others. 
·         Work hard for what you want. Nothing good comes without a lot of hard work, and no one knows this better than my mom. If you really want something, you have to go after it. You have to make it happen. My mom is so inspiring in this way because she has taught me to really go after what I want in life.    
     Encourage others to be their best. Throughout my life, my mom has always been encouraging me to be the best I could be, and often her ideas of what I could be were so much better than my own. It's because of her that I believe in myself and believe that I have the ability to be the best possible me. 
·         Appreciate what works for you. Some people go through life very unaware of what's working for them. Not my mom. She knows what's working for her and she focuses on it, a tactic I'm trying to work on every day in my own life. She makes the most of what works! 
·         Choose your friends wisely. This seems like simple advice, but it's actually very important. Who you surround yourself with says a lot about you, and I've learned from my mom that it's so important to choose friends carefully. Because of her choosiness, she has a great group of friends! 
·         Forgive others' mistakes. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but my mom is always the first to forgive me. I've seen her forgive others too, and it's truly amazing to watch her forgiveness in action. Forgiving can be a very hard thing, but my mom has taught me its value. 
·         Highlight strengths, not weaknesses. Many people aren't even aware of their strengths or weaknesses, but my mom is one of the few that knows what her strengths are and makes the most of them. She knows what she's good at and she highlights those points. (She also does that for other people as well!)
·         Treat others the way they want to be treated. It's tempting to treat others how you want to be treated, but my mom's selflessness has taught me that it's even better to treat others how they want to be treated. I've learned from her to pay attention and to treat others in a way that makes them feel great. 




No comments:

Post a Comment