Sunday, April 24, 2016

Losing Someone Special

Losing someone we care deeply about is very painful. The pain and sadness that we experience over our significant loss is really intense particularly if we really wanted to help but we can do nothing to alleviate his/her sufferings. Grief is a natural response to loss. It's the emotional suffering that we feel when something or someone we love is taken away. The more significant the loss, the more intense our grief especially when we loss someone with death. The bottom line is to face the fact of the loss. Feeling sad and lonely is a normal reaction to our loss. Crying doesn't have to mean that we are weak. But rather showing our true feelings can help us move on. While loss affects people in different ways, many experience the following symptoms when they're grieving. Just remember that almost anything that you experience in the early stages of grief is normal-including feeling like you're going crazy, feeling like you're having a nightmare or even doubting God's wisdom.
Shock and disbelief - Right after a loss, it can very difficult to accept what happened. We may have trouble believing that someone we love dearly has died. We are in self-denial stage. There even comes a time that we may keep expecting him or her to show up despite the fact that he or she is gone.
Sadness - We feel emptiness, despair, yearning, or deep loneliness. We also cry a lot or feel emotionally unstable.
Guilt - We may regret or feel guilty about things we are not able to do because of our helplessness. After a death, we even feel guilty for not doing something to prevent the death, even if there was nothing more we could do.
Anger - We feel angry and resentful. If we lost a loved one, we may be angry with ourselves, to God, the doctors and even those persons around who were not able to help. We feel the need to blame other people over that loss.
Fear - A significant loss can trigger a host of worries and fears. We feel anxious, helpless and even insecure. We even have panic attacks. The death of a loved one can trigger fears about our discretion in life. What would happen now that he/she is gone?
Physical symptoms - We experience fatigue, nausea, lowered immunity, weight loss or weight gain, aches and pains, and insomnia.
In my experience, I really suffered sleepless nights because of losing someone so special to me. Special in the sense that he appreciated and valued my worth as a person. He loved me unconditionally despite my status and even accepted my kids but we we're really not destined to each other because he passed away. We did not even started our relationship yet, and now he's gone. I am still hurting right now because of that loss. It is still painful because I was not able to help him during his heart attack. We're thousands of miles apart. I really wanted to help but I couldn't because of the distance. I'll just continue treasuring him in my heart and I will always remember that once in my life I met someone who loved me for what I am and not for who I am. This article would somehow help me in moving on and continue living life to the fullest despite his absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment